Last night’s dinner, a recipe from Shape Magazine…a Sweet (not sugary, but cool) protein-packed amaranth (I used quinea…what the H*** is amaranth????) topped with sautéed beef, zucchini, red chard and asparagus tips makes this salad a complete meal.
WARM BEEF & VEGGIE AMARANTH SALAD
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 1 serving
4 oz boneless beef round, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 red chard leaves
1 baby zucchini, sliced
6 asparagus tips
¼ cup amaranth, cooked
1 cup arugula
6 grape tomatoes, halved
1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp olive oil
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté beef and garlic until slightly browned.
2. Add red chard, zucchini slices and asparagus.
3. When beef is nearly cooked to your preference, stir in amaranth and heat mixture for 1 more minute.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
5. Plate arugula, then top with skillet mixture, tomatoes, cheese and dressing.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 367, Total Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 68 mg, Sodium: 359 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 34 g, Iron: 7 mg